The Law Office of James A. Whittaker, LLC.
432 Ray Norrish Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45246
Office: 513.751.8300  |  Fax: 513.751.3230  |
Since 2003, The Law Office of James A. Whittaker has been
helping injured workers across Southwestern Ohio.
Frequently Asked Questions

What are the advantages to hiring an attorney?
The Law Firm will keep you informed of the status of your claim, including treatment requests, information requested from your treating doctors, decisions from the BWC and Industrial Commission, and dates and times of medical exams and hearings.  The Law Firm will attend the processing of your claim.  The BWC, the Industrial Commission and your Managed Care Organization (MCO) will send you copies of all documents, notices and other paperwork regarding the status of your claim.  Our office should also receive copies of this paperwork and we will determine and implement the response most favorable to your claim.
What is workers' compensation?
Workers' compensation is a mandatory type of business insurance that provides employees who become injured or ill while on the job with medical coverage and income replacement.

How does my Doctor get paid?
The Doctor treats the BWC as any other insurance company and submits his bills for payment when he treats you for the allowed medical conditions in your claim.  Sometimes the Doctor has to get authorization for special tests and surgeries.
What if my employer rejects the claim?

If the employer disagrees with the allowance of your claim, the BWC will send your case to the Industrial Commission for a hearing on the merits of your application.
What is temporary total disability (TTD)?
You receive TTD benefits if you have a work-related injury, but expect to be able to go back to work.  It is intended to replace part of your lost wages, with benefits based on a percentage of your typical wages.

How long can I receive TTD benefits?
You can receive these payments while you are recovering, until you return to your regular work.

What is permanent partial disability (PPD)?
When a job-related accident causes a lasting disability, preventing you from going back to work at your full physical capacity. For example, loss of limb or loss of use of a limb.